We're happy to announce the return of live Academy of Dog Behavior Classes in March, 2023!
What: Foundation+ - Instincts, Emotions and Communication
Where: Camp K9 of Marin, 5810 Paradise Dr, Corte Madera, CA 94925
When: Four consecutive Sundays: March 5, 12, 19 and 26.
Time: 1 pm to 4 pm (three hours)
Please enroll here:
This is not a dog training class. There may be a few dogs there, but the class is aimed at teaching humans to learn to read their dogs, their clients' dogs and maybe even humans! We hope to see you there.
Canine Behavior Academy
Foundation Course in Behavior & Training
Teaching People, Teaching Dogs
Foundation - Instincts, Emotions and Communication.
This is a 12 hour class, which includes lecture, video, and demonstrations with dogs.
• Theories on the origin of the species and its progression to the variety of dog breeds of today.
• Body language and communication - how to interpret dog behavior and communicate as clearly as possible. Discussion of the senses, capabilities and emotions of dogs.
• The natural social structure of the dog, and how it can be used in the human/dog relationship.
Safe handling and evaluation basics
• Development of observational skills in order to predict canine behavior.
• Fundamental development of skills to maximize safety while handling dogs.
• Process of assessing dogs in order to maximize appropriate placement with potential owners
Class is $275
If you have questions, please drop me a line using the form below.
"Trish has an amazing way of sharing years of experience and knowledge on canine behavior; by serving as a translator of sorts between dog speak and human speak, her teachings are not only incredibly fun and entertaining, but have an enormous educational value that is helping bridge the gap between people and their dogs, improving relationships, quality of life and giving an insight into a wildly fascinating subject."