Want to take the academy but live too far away?
Here is one way you can do it - watch the complete 40 hour video course at your leisure. This is the most recent course that was offered. It's available online for $300.00; you'll get all the handouts, and Trish is available for questions via email. If you're interested, please email email@example.com
New! You can also enjoy the shorter behavior modules from the comfort of your home. Several courses are available - Reactive Dogs, Fear, and
Conducting Consults are available..as well as several others. Each module is $125.00. Sign up, and you'll receive the password that gives you access to the classes.
Most classes are eligible for 12 CPDT CEU's.
Academy of Dog Behavior
Foundation Course in Behavior & Training
Teaching People, Teaching Dogs
Begin with Level 1, our fundamentals course. This is a 40-hour series that meets from noon to 5 Sunday afternoons and is perfect for those with a busy schedule!
You will learn practical information delivered in a relaxed but engaging atmosphere. Classes include lecture, video, and demonstrations with dogs. Student’s dogs are welcome to attend most classes. The syllabus includes the basics of:
Canine Ethology, Body Language and Social Structure
• Theories on the origin of the species and its progression to the variety of dog breeds of today.
• Body language and communication - how to interpret dog behavior and communicate as clearly as possible. Discussion of the senses, capabilities and emotions of dogs.
• The natural social structure of the dog, and how it can be used in the human/dog relationship.
Safe handling and evaluation basics
• Development of observational skills in order to predict canine behavior.
• Fundamental development of skills to maximize safety while handling dogs.
• Process of assessing dogs in order to maximize appropriate placement with potential owners
• Fundamentals of the various ways dogs learn, from social facilitation to the four quadrants.
• Begin the process of judging which learning process is appropriate in the modification process
• Equipment usage, from collars to halters to harnesses, their efficacy and usefulness
• Utilizing various methods of teaching basic skills to dogs and assessing the effectiveness of the methodologies – clicker training, modeling, luring, shaping
Solving Behavior Problems
• Development of practical strategies to solve a variety of behavior problems, utilizing management, relationship adjustment and training
21 CPDT CEU's are available for this class
"Trish has an amazing way of sharing years of experience and knowledge on canine behavior; by serving as a translator of sorts between dog speak and human speak, her teachings are not only incredibly fun and entertaining, but have an enormous educational value that is helping bridge the gap between people and their dogs, improving relationships, quality of life and giving an insight into a wildly fascinating subject."
Intensive 12 Hour Behavior Modules
These modules provide an optimal format for taking a "deep dive" into the topics of your choice. Each module is
12 hours, and the fee for each is $125.00.
Teaching Reactive Dog Classes
Working with Individual Clients and their Dogs (consultations)
Working with Reactive dogs